- Cup of baru or almonds
- 3 cup of water to soak the baru
If you want to make more just double the amounts (2 cups of almonds x 6 cups of water)
You will also need a blender and a gauze, mesh or bag to strain vegetable milk.
Soak almonds in water for 8-12 hours. After this time wash the almonds and remove the shell.
Put the almonds in the blender along with the 3 cups of water. Blend very well.
Strain the drink through the cheesecloth and place it in a glass container. Make sure you squeeze the gauze well and refrigerate and use within 4-5 days.
Depending on your tastes, you can also add stevia, cinnamon, honey, vanilla extract or any other complement.
Here there are some ideas to consume and Baru milk:
- In coffee instead of cow's milk.
- In your shakes or smoothies.
- To accompany your homemade granola.
- On your pancakes for breakfast.
- In desserts and homemade cakes.